Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Jack the Bugger


It was one of those horror movie nights. You know, the one in which the wind howls, curtains fly, windows and doors strain on their hinges, the moon hides herself and the clouds have a running nose. Her tiny little heart was beating fast. She knew the time was near. Images flashed through her mind….the bright flame….the huge shadow…the hot breath…two of her sisters running wild….their babies bringing up the rear.

The first to go were babies… 3 boys and 5 girls. One moment they were there, running as fast as their tiny legs could carry them behind their mothers, in the next they were up in smoke. She could smell their burning bodies and it made her move further into her crevasse. Soon one of her sisters was caught. She was not burned. The killer had no intentions to let her die that easily. He had style. He put her on the floor and as she was about to make her escape, he poured wax on her, entombing her permanently. The other sister was caught a little while later. She was ploughed out of the hole in which she was hiding by a big pole and the same was driven into her head a little later killing her instantly.

Her senses were so numbed with fear that she did not see the big hand creeping towards her. And when she did realize, it was too late. She saw the glint of his spectacles and his huge pink tongue coming out to lick the sweat in his upper lip. The huge hands caught her and swept her off her feet. She tried desperately to slip away, but it was an iron grip. She was carried away somewhere far of. As she was taken she realized that today there was no fire and no pole, he has devised some other new technique. When the movement stopped, she could see a huge body of water, still and serene. Alarm bells started ringing when the killer started moving towards the water body. With a loud splash she was pushed into the water….and held there firmly. The huge hands were holding her head down. Her lungs were about to burst, eyes were bulging out, legs splashed around feebly. His hands were too strong for her tiny fragile body. She could feel her life getting dissolved into the water...tortuously slow. The killer felt her legs go still and turned around with a victorious smile.

Sorry about the violence and goriness folks, but I am witnessing these incidents daily in my house. Baffled?? Ok I ll make it clear. The victims are….. bed bugs and the vicious killer is my room mate. He is a chronic bed bug killer. He cannot resist a bed bug sitting and enjoying the stale air in our room. I have seen him waking up in the middle of the night and hunting bed bugs. He devises innovative methods to make the killings. The other day he was telling me that he is going to read books on famous killers and implement their tactics on the “poor” bed bugs!!!! He has also started thinking like a bed bug so that he can accurately predict where they will be hiding. I am having nightmares in which I see him as a jumbo sized bed bug crawling towards me for his “Bloody Mary”. Pray for me brother……Pray for me sister.


P.S.: Two continuous posts on bugs..... I am bugged!!!!!!!!!!!

15 comments:

Honey Bee said...

Oops! RGV and the other guys ( i forgot their names ) who filmed the latest bolly's so called thriller - Naqeeb is on the look out for a story writer. I think you would fit in.
Dropped in thru Scribbler... But enjoyed

Day Dreamer said...

Hmm I dont have time now.. busy finding bugs.. Thanks honey bee :-)

Gomathy S said...

Someone told me that he is not interested in reading stories much :)
Good one..it had strong detailing of actions..
But..sadly because of the title I was able to understand that its a bug .. !!!!
Next time keep the title vague :)

Day Dreamer said...

yeah I missed out on the title.. next time i ll take care of that...and abt the story.. its not a story man... this is what is happenning everyday in my room :-)

Unknown said...

gud story making!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Day Dreamer said...

thankyou abirami :-)

Honey Bee said...

UPDATE THE BLOG PLEASE!!!!!!!

Day Dreamer said...

well honey bee thanks for the encouragement (I hope it is one)...i ll update as soon as I get something to write about.. please bear with me

Anonymous said...

U cud've told me earlier that U'd plans to post one such blog. I'd have given a cockroach's snap from my room to be put there..I see the same horrified look at its face when I switch on the light and chase it!
Lemme know if I can help U next time..

Day Dreamer said...

ha ha thankyou Pars.. sure i ll let u know :-)

Gomathy S said...

Your post date : July 31
Today : August 7

Day Dreamer said...

he he thanks for reminding scribbler.. will come up with something this week :-)

Gomathy S said...

You have been tagged

PurpleHeart said...

VC !! Great to find you here, dude !! After Orkut, It's Blogspot bringing old pals together !!

Day Dreamer said...

yeah thanks Sandhya :-)